Citizens Community Bank Information
Our data processing conversion dates are set for the weekend of February 8-11, 2013. Friday, February 8th, will be the final day of processing your account transactions as customers of Citizens Community Bank. The closing time at Citizens Community Bank will be 3 p.m. on Friday, February 8th. Our data processor, Data Center, Inc. of Hutchinson, Kansas will begin data conversion Saturday, February 9th and "memo-post" outstanding transactions by Monday, February 11th. The bank at 822 North Main will be open for business Saturday, February 9th; however, we will not have 'live' access to computer information. On Monday morning, the computers will be on-line and the branch will be in business as Peoples Bank and Trust. The branch employees will have online access to your accounts and be able to assist you with most questions on Monday, February 11th.
- Operating hours will be: Drive-thru 8-5:30 Monday-Friday; Saturday 8-12. Lobby Hours 9-5 Monday-Friday.
- Phone number: 620-241-7664; FAX 620-241-7694; Toll Free 877-998-2100.
- Telephone banking 620-241-7123 or toll free 1-877-998-7777.
- All safe deposit box and night depository customers will continue to use the same key and procedures.
- You will have a new checking or savings account number and a Peoples Bank account type. You should have received a letter with your specific new account information. If you have any questions concerning the features of your account please contact a customer service representative at one of the Peoples Bank and Trust locations. Account maintenance fees, if applicable, will be waived during the first statement cycle. If you wish to change the type of account, you may do so after February 11th. Current variable interest rates paid on checking, money market or savings accounts will be provided to you upon request.
- You may continue to write checks on your Citizens Community Bank account now and through February 8, 2013. After conversion, our processor will "intercept" and post to your new account at Peoples Bank all the properly payable checks you have written and other debits you authorized while a customer of Citizens Community Bank which were not paid on or before February 8th.
- Before conversion, you will receive a box of 20 new checks which have your new account number and the Peoples Bank logo and routing number (1011 0158 1). You may use these checks beginning February 9th. The starter check package will contain a letter and order form for a larger quantity of personalized checks. Bring the letter to a current Peoples Bank location and we will order your new checks for you, prior to February 11, 2013. Discounts will be applied to your initial check order. After conversion, you may bring your old Citizens Community Bank checks to the bank and we will securely destroy them.
- You will receive a final bank statement as of February 8, 2013 from Citizens Community Bank. We ask that you reconcile your bank statement as soon as possible after receiving it. Notify Citizens Community Bank if you find any errors on your account statement. You may call 620-254-7256 (Citizens Community Bank) and ask for Regena or toll free 888-474-4261 (Citizens National Bank) and ask for Martha with questions on your Citizens Bank statements. If you prefer, you may contact a Customer Service Representative at 822 North Main in McPherson and they will contact Citizens Community Bank regarding your questions.
- The limits and fees from Peoples Bank and Trust were mailed to you. Please contact a Customer Service Representative if you have any questions regarding fees.
- If you have a certificate of deposit, your current interest rate will continue after conversion until your first maturity date. Peoples Bank will notify you at renewal of any changes in rate or terms.
Automated Teller Machines (ATM's):
- You may continue to access cash at the ATM at 822 North Main in McPherson. Our other ATM's in McPherson are located at 101 South Main, at the Dillons branch, and in the emergency room of McPherson Hospital. You will also be able to access ATMs in Lindsborg, Hutchinson, Inman, Nickerson and Yoder with no additional charge. This transfer of the ATM will not affect your access to your account and you will not be charged "foreign" transaction fees. Peoples Bank will be on your ATM receipt.
- You may continue to use your debit card issued by Citizens Community Bank through February 10, 2013. On Monday, February 11, 2013 use your new Peoples Bank and Trust debit card.
- You will receive a Peoples Bank card prior to conversion. Please look for an unmarked white envelope in the mail which will contain your card. Your PIN number will change as well, so expect a second unmarked envelope with this information. Your new card will need to be activated at any ATM. For a limited time, a machine will be available at the 822 North Main location to choose your own debit card PIN number.
- Loan customers should continue to make payments as scheduled. On Monday, February 11th, your check should be made payable to Peoples Bank & Trust Co. Your notation of specific payment information will be appreciated. You may make your loan payment at any Peoples Bank location in McPherson or Reno County.
- Loans will be converted from Citizens Community Bank to Peoples Bank with the same loan number, terms and payment schedules. Contact our loan department at 101 South Main and they will assist you with specific questions regarding loan payments, advances or general inquiries before and after conversion.
- On Tuesday, February 12, 2013, you may sign up for our internet banking at www.peoplesbankonline.com. You will be able to view your accounts online, make internal transfers and set up Bill Pay accounts. Your Bill Pay customers will need to be added to the Peoples Bank Online system after you sign up for internet banking in order to make payments through Bill Pay.
- Your account history will begin with the date you sign up for internet banking.
- If you are a business customer using the Peoples Bank website please contact the ACH Department at 620-241-2100 to answer any questions. The business banking feature allows enhanced security parameters for authorized signers.
Business customers with deposit accounts:
- If you print your own checks from your computer software, you will want to make a programming change to recognize the change in bank name, account number and routing number as of February 11th.
- If you order checks from a company other than Deluxe Checks, which is the company the bank uses, you need to notify them of the change in bank name, account number and routing number as of February 11th.
- Before conversion, you will receive a box of 20 new checks which have your new account number and the Peoples Bank logo and routing number (1011 0158 1). You may use these checks beginning February 9th. The starter check package will contain a letter and order form for a larger quantity of business checks. Call Deluxe to order your business account items. Discounts will be applied to your initial order. After conversion, you may bring your old Citizens Community Bank checks to the bank and we will securely destroy them.
Changes to Direct Deposit and Automatic Debits (ACH):
- Now, we need to ask for your help to assure a minimum of posting delays after conversion. This is a critical step and one which neither bank can do without your help. Almost all deposit customers use direct deposit or automatic bill payment. For instance, you may receive a direct deposit from your employer or a direct deposit from Social Security into your deposit account. We ask you to notify those companies who send a direct deposit to your account or debit an automatic bill payment from your account and tell them of the change in your bank, routing number and account number. Look over your recent bank statements and make a list of the transactions that are "automatically" deposited or debited from your account.
Following is a list of possible companies to be contacted:
- Social Security Administration (call 1-800-772-1213 or www.socialsecurity.gov)
- Veterans Administration (call 1-800-827-1000)
- your employer(s)
- utility and phone companies
- credit card company(ies) if you make your payment on-line through their website
- insurance company if you have an automatic draft from your account
- mortgage holder, if other than Citizens Community Bank
- bank or finance company to whom you make vehicle(s) payments, if other than Citizens Community Bank
- non-profit organizations, such as your church, KPTS, etc. to whom you make regular contributions via ACH
- newspapers or magazines which regularly charge your account for subscription services
- other subscription services, such as OnStar or Cirrus radio.
You will need to know:
- the owners or title of your account(s)
- your new account number at Peoples Bank
- the type of account – checking or savings
- name of the new bank; Peoples Bank and Trust Co.
- address of the new bank; 101 S Main, McPherson, KS 67460
- routing number of the new bank; 1011 0158 1
- effective date; February 11, 2013
- the account number or customer number which identifies you to the company.
Your insurance agent, mortgage company or finance company will be able to assist you with setting up your payments through your new account. You may be required to complete and mail a form to each of these companies. Please visit with us at 822 North Main or any Peoples Bank location for individual assistance in changing your direct deposits or automatic payments.
Contact the Staff of Peoples Bank and Trust at (620) 241-2100 with any questions you may have. We will be happy to assist you!